-In plenty of olive oil saute: 2 minced shallots and 2 cloves garlic followed by 1/4lb ground veal meat and then 6 sliced mushrooms. Saute on high heat till shroom liquid is gone.
- 1 cup red wine and reduce
- 1 can whole tomatoes in juice, break up in your hands first. + 1 can water.
- Salt, pepper and spice Toscana (corriander,cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg,anise,cumin)
- Simmer for 40 minutes
NOTE: Mild jerk seasoning is pretty much the same thing. At the very least add a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Egg wash & plain bread crumb two thin sliced and pounded beef fillets.
- Fry in enough oil to cover. Flip and finish other side.
- Place in baking dish, Sprinkle over some chopped garlic and parsley. Cover with sauce and into low oven for 45 minutes to heat and combine.
Typing this I thought of a change that will work nicely. Instead of garlic & parsley in the baking dish, how about a gremolata? After all this dish is similar to an Osso buco and it will really liven up the dish.
1 cup parsley
2 teaspoon lemon zest
4 clove garlic
Rough chop or processor.
Sprinkle over the Braciola when plated